Thursday, February 11, 2010

Progress is Being Made!

Had another prenatal appointment at the hospital this morning and was ecstatic that I only had to wait 10 minutes. Definitly a first! Our Dr. is absolutely amazing and worth the wait so I went with books in hand with the expectation of getting comfy in the waiting room.

I have only gained 2lbs since our last appointment the first week of January, which was a nice change from the 12lbs I gained from the Dec to Jan. appt! Not sure how I only managed to gain 2lbs with all the Starbucks mocha and breakfast sandwiches :) Little boys heart beat is very strong and he seems very healthy to date. He was hanging out more to the left side of me this morning.

I have been booked in to see the family of OB's at the Montfort hospital as my Dr. currently does not deliver babies, he works mostly with infertility patients and I was lucky enough just to have this amazing doctor with having no difficulties getting pregnant. He was quite thorough and was very warm. Dearest Husband (DH)and I will meet with a new OB mid March and will continue the last few months appts with her. When its time for delivery it will be whoever happens to be on call at that time, thats why we have a wonderful Doula to assist us through the process. Natural birth or C-Section it will be myself, DH and Doula. Our hope is to spend time bonding with the baby for at least a few days, if not a week, before we receive family visits.

Continually putting polysporin on the nice belly burn I have. Forgot how big my belly has grown and leaned over a hot baking tray that was on the counter. I heard the sizzle and then felt the heat, luckily its not too big and seems to just blend in with the stretch marks that are starting to appear. AGH, stretch marks. Must continue to rub the cream and keep praying to the stretch mark gods!

Looking forward to being done work soon and taking some time for me before the baby arrives. Only another 7-8 weeks or so. Moved all of our Little Lotus Yoga info over to wordpress over the last few weeks and really liking the feel of wordpress over blogger. I think I may eventually switch this blog over as well.

Until then, its time for me to eat some lunch as I am starving!

2 comments:

  1. I know a few moms who have asked friends and family to give them time at home with the baby before coming to visit. In my experience, I liked having visitors at the hospital, because the visits are short and don't tend to drag on. People are excited to see new babies (especially first ones!) and will want to bring you gifts and food and help you. My advice is, take what's offered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @somekindofwondermom because its a first grandchild on both sides of the family (and DH's parents are divorced, so really 3 sets of grandparents) there will be lots of ppl wanting to get their hands on him! I am all for visitors but really want to have at least 24 hours of only DH & I holding baby so he gets used to our smells, touch, etc. I won't refuse anybody bringing food though, lol

    ReplyDelete